"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." ~ Emile Zola

02 May 2011

Quote of the Week: The Insight of Wise Souls

Revelry in the death of any being for any reason reveals the most pathetic, empty aspects of humanity. Murder, no matter it claims to be in the name of, is always a cause for compassion. ‎These short statements make a huge impact, and seem pointedly relevant given recent world events.

"An eye for an eye leaves the world blind"

~Ghandi



‎"I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

~Martin Luther King Jr


1 comment:

GiGi said...

Thank you Kylie.